Steps to follow for PAN card correction

How to do PAN card correction

A PAN card is the most important document when we talk in the context of Indian finances, and all the individuals are expected to have it who participate in any sort of monetary activity. Looking at the scenario, where it is connected to all our bank accounts, legal and formal matters, therefore it does possess the risk of loss or damage. There may be times when we need some modification to our existing cards. But, not to worry much, these changes, modification or re-issue of PAN is a very simple process and won’t take much time and even you can have a track with the pan card status very easily.

This happens with a huge lot of individuals , that errors like incorrect date of birth, spellings sneak in to our PAN details or sometimes we may want to change our address or contact numbers, etc. While these mistakes might not seem serious but it should be corrected on time to be on safer side. This can be done by using the same PAN application form as before and entering the appropriate information. The form should be filled completely and the boxes which require changes should be ticked. Once uploaded these corrections will be implemented and while the Permanent Account Number would remain the same, the corrections will reflect on other details.

A new PAN card with updated information will be given to the applicant, with the Permanent Account Number remaining the same.

Note: Checkmark only those boxes which need correction during form filling.

Fees and charges of PAN Card correction :

Individuals who are applying for PAN card correction need to know that the PAN card correction process is not free and a very meager amount will be charged for doing so. This amount has been decided on the location of your address, if the address is within India, it is Rs. 107 and if outside it is Rs.989, inclusive of all the service taxes.

Documents required for PAN Card correction :

You need to furnish basic documents while applying for PAN card correction. These documents vary, depending on whether it is an individual, firm, group or entity who is applying and the nationality of an applicant.

  • Indian Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families

An Indian or HUF applying to modify or change the details in his/her PAN card should submit a copy of a valid government approved ID proof (Aadhar, Driving License, Passport, etc.), address proof (DL, utility bill, domicile certificate, etc.) and a proof of date of birth (Voter ID card, DL, passport, etc.). Individual applicants should also furnish two passport size photographs with their application.

  • Companies/firms/partnerships with their office in India

Companies and other entities with their office in India should submit their registration copy issued by a competent authority as their ID and address proof in order to make changes in their PAN.

  • Companies/firms/partnerships with office only outside India

Such entities who have no office in India should submit a copy of their registration certificate which has been issued in their country of location and duly attested by the Indian Embassy/High Commission or authorised officers. They will also have to furnish a copy of their registration certificate approved or issued by an Indian authority.

  • Foreign citizens

Foreign citizens (either staying in India or abroad) are required to submit an ID and address proof to support their application. This can be either their passport, citizenship identification number, copy of PIO card, etc.

  • Other foreign entities (other than individuals)

These entities should submit an ID and address proof which can be either their registration certificate (issued in the country of applicant) or by the Indian High Commission or Embassy in that country. A copy of the registration certificate approved by local Indian authorities is also required.

Following is the list of the documents required for PAN card correction :

Correction request Supporting documents
Change in name of individual Name change certificate from a gazetted officer/name change publication in official gazette
Change in date of birth ID proof with correct date of birth
Change in name of females (due to marriage) Marriage certificate/invitation card/certified copy from gazetted officer
Change in name of company/firm Certificate from registrar of Companies/updated partnership deed

Procedure for PAN card correction :

Looking at the need to change the address in the PAN card details , the prime reason being , people relocating to different places because of their jobs or anything else. PAN cardholders get this need to update their addresses and can do following these basic steps :

  1. Download the form from the official website of TIN-NSDL and fill it up. Fill all the columns compulsorily, especially the address which you want to update.
  2. Specify the address as it is of your office or residence.
  3. You can do this by updating the new address on a supplementary sheet and then attach it to the form.
  4. Attach the documents of proof of address such as driving license, bills.
  5. Submit the form with all the supporting documents to relevant authority.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *